Welcome to our Staff!
We're so thrilled you're here!
You’ve just started an amazing journey. This new job has just plunged you into a completely unique culture. To help you acclimate well, here’s a roadmap for learning, growth and feedback in 5 sessions over the next 6 months.
"It’s such a miracle to see how much unity we have in our staff. All our jobs are interlinked so we have to depend on one another. Whenever I need to ask for help, everyone is gracious and eager to help. We’re all bent underneath the load together—no one is alone. I’ve never experienced a staff environment like this before now, and I love it." --Rhonda Dimirack
We're so excited to have you on our staff! Please fill out this survey so we can learn a little more about you.
SESSION #1 | Week 1 | With Susan Hill, Church Administrator
General Staff Info
- Next Steps for Training & Onboarding
- Staff Handbook
- GBC Policies & Processes
- Calendar Overview
- Staff Events & Meetings
- Enneagram and Myers Briggs Assessments
- DISC Assessment
- Financial Forms & Training with Director of Finance
SESSION #2 | Week 2 | With Matt Breitenberg, Co-Lead & Executive Pastor
How We Work Together
- Staff Common Commitments
- Staff Engagement
- GBC Statement of Faith, Vision & Values
- “Make Your Values Mean Something”
- Impact Report
- Org Chart
- Section Two of Deep & Wide book
SESSION #3 | Month 2 | With Eric Sanzone, Co Lead Pastor
Prep for Session #3: Please bring your Enneagram, Myers Briggs and DISC (hard copy) assessments results with you to this session.
Spiritual & Leadership Gift Assessment
- Assessment Results
SESSION #4 | Month 4 | With Simi Carlson, NextGen Director
- Why Team?
- Recruiting & Developing Volunteers
- Teambuilding Basics
- Servant Leadership
- Symptoms of a Healthy Team
SESSION #5 | Month 6 | With Keith Langland, Care Pastor
Prep for Session 5: Please read chapters 1-5 of The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero and be prepared to answer check-in questions.
Emotionally Healthy Leader & Check-In
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader book (chapters 1-5)
- Check-In Questions
- What surprised you most about being on staff, both positively and negatively?
- How has your family adjusted since you have been on staff?
- How well do you understand what you are supposed to be doing?
- Do you have the tools and resources necessary to do your job?
- What is your biggest frustration?
- Does anything we do not make sense to you, or seem to be off-purpose?