Community Group Discussion Questions
April 21st, 2019: A Strangely Warm Easter
- What did everyone do for Easter (and Spring Break, if relevant)?
- Did you grow up celebrating Easter? What was it like?
- Do you have a favorite Easter tradition? If so, what is it?
- What do you believe about the death and resurrection of Jesus? Have you always believed it?
- Read Luke 24:13-35.
- Have you had an experience where you thought you wanted something or were praying for something, and God didn’t answer it only to later reveal something better for you?
- This relates to how the people wanted Jesus to be king of the Jews and release them from Roman control, but He is so much more than that!
- How could it have been that these men couldn’t recognize Jesus at first? Have you ever had an experience where you didn’t realize until later that God was with you?
- Do you think there might be a difference between knowing that Jesus rose from the dead and knowing the resurrected Jesus?
- Have you ever learned more from being asked a question than you did from hearing an answer?
- After Jesus appeared to the two men on the road to Emmaus, he appeared to his other disciples. Read what he said to them in Luke 24:44-49.
- Has the Bible ever been mysterious to you? Any particular passages? Is there anything that you understand now that you didn’t understand before?
- Both of these passages mention Jesus helping people understand the Scriptures. What do you think that means for our lives today?
- Why did Jesus have to suffer and rise from the dead? What did that accomplish?
- What does it mean to repent? What is the relationship between repentance and relationship?
- Pray with a partner about someone in your life who doesn’t know Jesus.
Lynnhaven Campus – - April 14, 2019 - People Who Are For the 757
- Do you have a fun embarrassing story?
- Is there a social situation or activity that you tend to avoid because it scares you?
- What stood out to you from the message this weekend?
- Apart from attending Grace, what does it mean for you personally to be “For the 757”?
- Do you believe that the amount we are for the 757 outside of the four walls of the church directly impacts how much we are for the 757 inside them? Why or why not?
- Read John 4:1-30
- Have someone summarize the passage.
- Why do you think Jesus HAD to go through Samaria on his way to Galilee, when it was daily occurrence that Jews traveled around Samaria on their way to Galilee?
- Is there a certain person, people group, or issue that you struggle to be “FOR”?
- How did Jesus show that he was for the woman at the well?
- How can you be more FOR others in small ways?
- Has God ever called you to do something and you said “no”? What happened afterwards?
- What about a time you said “yes” to God?
- How can you model a life that points others to Jesus?
- Pray for those on spring break this week for safety and rest.
- What are some ways we can be less fearful of saying “yes” to God and what He calls us to do?
Norfolk Campus - April 14th 2019 - How Will He Not?
- Are you going anywhere for spring break? Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
- What are some things that make you feel safe?
- What are some things that make you feel unsafe?
- Read Romans 8:31-39
- What is this passage saying?
- What do you think Paul means when he says that God will give us all things?
- Considering what you said earlier about what makes you feel unsafe, how does this passage apply to that?
- Exactly what kind of security does God offer us?
- How would recognizing that nothing can threaten your security affect your day-to-day life?
- What does it mean to be for someone? How do you know when someone is for you?
- Reading through this passage, what do you think it teaches us about what it looks like to love others?
- What are some ways that we can make others feel safe?
- Can you share a story when you trusted God when you were faced with something threatening?
- Pray for the 757 and the move to Tidewater Drive