What You Can Expect at the Celebration
- We will reserve a table for your family and close friends.
- You’ll have an opportunity to share what you’ve decided from your homework in Step 1.
- We will lead you in a prayer of dedication.
- You will have time to eat light refreshments and take pictures with your family.
- The event will last about an hour.
• Baby Dedication is so much more than an event. You must complete Step 1 and 2 before your Baby Dedication Celebration registration is confirmed.
• You must be a church member, member of a Community Group, or serving on a volunteer team to participate in the Baby Dedication Celebration.
• There is no time limit to completing Step 1.
• Space is limited for Baby Dedication Celebration and each event usually fills up quickly. This event is offered twice a year. If one fills up, there will be another one in approximately 6 months.
Not Infant Baptism
This event is not infant baptism. We believe that when people are old enough to understand what it means to put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, they should have the opportunity to make that choice for themselves. A preschooler is not able to understand sin, forgiveness, the sacrifice our Savior made for us, and what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This event is about your commitment as a parent to lead your child into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, so that as he gets older, you are able to guide him and to help him understand what that means.
We'd love to talk with you! Please contact our Family Ministry Director Simi Carlson at email@example.com or at 757-496-5700.