If you just made the decision to follow Jesus, we are SO EXCITED for you! You just made a decision with eternal implications, and started a brand new journey with the God of the universe. We're honored to help you launch well in your new life of faith using these tools below.
After you commit to following Jesus, the first thing he asks us to do is to be baptized. Baptism is a symbol of being his, just like a wedding ring symbolizes marriage. Are you ready to learn more about taking that step? If so, we'd love to help!
Starting Point Community Group
Wondering about God, Jesus, or the Bible? Starting Point is an eight-week small group that provides an opportunity to explore faith in a very safe, non-threatening environment. In fact, no question is off-limits. As a result of this group, you’ll experience a taste of what it’s like to be in community with other people on a similar journey.
To RSVP to come, please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading the Bible
- One Year Bible Reading Plan - This daily Bible reading plan will take you through the entire Bible in one year. We recommend that everyone read through the Bible at least once, and here's a great way to accomplish it. Have you downloaded our free GBC app yet? If not, check it out. The daily reading plan inside the app is also the One Year Bible Reading Plan.
- Scripture Typer - Here's a helpful website and app that the GBC staff loves to use for memorizing Scripture.
- YouVersion Bible App - This is a simple, ad-free Bible with various reading plans and resources to help bring God's Word into your daily life.
- Praying through the Bible Guide - This handout gives a step-by-step roadmap for learning how to walk through the Bible while praying.
- The Lord's Prayer Guide - This guide reveals the pattern of the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6 so that you can adapt the prayer to you each day.
- One Hour Prayer Guide - Spending an hour praying is a wonderful way to connect with the Lord, but can be a daunting task. This handout will guide you through an hour of praying, breaking it up into 5-minute segments.
- The Heart God Revives - Here is a powerful list of proud vs. broken people to help inspire you to seek the Lord with a broken and contrite heart.