Community Group Discussion Questions
June 24th 2018: Knowing Is More Than Half the Battle
- Have you ever experienced a time when you realized you didn’t know someone or something as well as you thought you did? How awkward was it?
- Has there ever been a clearly defined moment where you felt like you belonged somewhere?
- Did last week’s sermon help you manage your anxiety at all this week? Did you have any victories over anxiety?
- Have you ever believed the false idea that God wants something from you?
- Eric said, “God wants something for you.” What is it that God wants for you?
- Have you ever learned to obey through being asked to do something you really didn’t want to do and doing it anyway?
- Read Ephesians 1:15-16. How does being included change the way you pray?
- According to Ephesians 1:17, what do we need from God? How do these things help us know God better?
- What is the purpose of prayer and faith?
- What does it mean that you only know God to the degree you obey and experience him?
- What are some things you have experienced that have made you better know God? (Eric used loving his enemies as an example.)
- Read Ephesians 1:18-19a. What are the three things Paul wants us to know?
- Read Ephesians 1:19b-23. What do you think about this power available to all of us? Do you have this on your mind when you pray?
- Eric said, “the reason we don’t ask God to help us know him more, is that we think we already know enough of him.” How can we practically get to know God better this week?
- Spend some time in prayer asking God to help you know him more
June 17th 2018: The ADD that Affects Us All
- Was there ever a time when you felt excluded? What was that situation like?
- What is the emotion you feel when you’re not included?
- Eric said “anxiety is connected to caring about something.” How have you see anxiety manifest itself in this way in your life?
- Do you have anxiety over the future?
- How can we practice having a bigger view of God in our lives?
- Read Ephesians 1:3. What are some spiritual blessings you have been blessed with?
- Read Ephesians 1:4. How does the fact that God was thinking about you and choosing you before the creation of the world impact your worries about life, not being good enough, or if God can handle your circumstances?
- Read Ephesians 1:5. How does it comfort you that God chose you and wants you?
- Read Ephesians 1:6-7. How could meditating and thinking on what Jesus did on the cross help you with your anxiety?
- Read Ephesians 1:11-12. How can you release the control you strive to have over your life and put your hope in Christ this week?
- Read Ephesians 1:13. Belonging changes everything and you belong. How does this make you feel? Does this impact your anxiety?
- If the answer to anxiety is changing what you’re focused on, how can you practically change what your attention is on this week?
- How can you include people better this week?